July 8, 2017

Trying Aryuveda Herbs

Looking over my hair journey, where I started and where I am now.... I can see that my hair is longer than it's ever been but I am not where I should be.  As the saying goes, all horses don't run alike, so it's not that I am comparing myself to anyone but just doing some simple math. 

If I were to retain 3" minimum each year since I started my hair journey 5 years ago then I should have retained 15" of hair to date. My entire length of hair is approximately 14" right now. Given that I didn't start this journey with a big chop, that isn't where I should be. From the time I started measuring my hair here, I have retained 5" total. 

Now I know my hair has been cut several times during these 5 years, sometimes willingly, sometimes not so much. I am ready to get back on track and go after my goal of mid-back length.  At the start of the year, I was ready and rearing to "grow" (read here) but again I have fallen off the path.

This time I have turned towards herbs to assist with achieving my goals. The herbs I have chosen are commonly used in Aryuveda practices which originated in India many years ago. I read that the herbs are designed to help support the body's natural functioning and healing, which also includes supporting hair growth.

I read some very interesting things about these herbs and have watched videos where persons have seen a difference in not only hair growth, but also the thickness and strength of their hair after incorporating these herbs into their hair regimen. The herbs are all natural, so why not give it a try, right? 

Next, I will share which herbs I purchased and a few benefits of each. Then I will share how I made an oil using these herbs and my journey using the oil.

Have you tried Aryuveda herbs or oils in your hair regimen? I would love to hear your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...